….blog about something random. There’s some life-changing decisions being made (no, I’m not pregnant) and I’d REALLY like to blog about it. I know the prudent thing to do is keep quiet until all is settled and decided. Also, my little sister is having her first baby right now in a hospital several hours away. I wish I could be there, but with Atticus/nursing it isn’t really practical for me to make a trip. I’m nervous and excited for her.
So since mum’s the word on all the thoughts assaulting my brain I thought I’d do something random. I saw this meme on Facebook (in fact I think I told people I’d participate and I never did).
15 Favorite Fictional Characters:
Esther Greenwood from The Bell Jar
Addie Bundren from As I Lay Dying
Ash Fox from The Fantastic Mr. Fox
Totoro from My Neighbor Totoro
Lady Dedlock from Bleak House
Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird
The Wyf of Bath from The Canterbury Tales
Severus Snape from Harry Potter
Amelie Poulain from Amelie
Lydia Gwilt from Armadale
The little person with the switchblade knife in Freaks
Lucy Snowe from Villette
There we are, 15 favorite fictional characters and I’ve kept my mouth shut. Go me.
I can’t believe I haven’t blogged since Wednesday! The last half of my week off from work flew by. I accomplished a great deal, but, alas, I didn’t have the time, energy, or any real inclination to blog.
So what did I do from Wednesday evening until today?
- Started a biography of Mary Queen of Scots
- baked Snickerdoodle cupcakes
- had my friend, Meghan, over for dinner
- went to lunch with my friend Erin and Hope
- bought the new Arcade Fire album and obsessively listened to it
- purchased yarn for a baby blanket and began furiously crocheting
- watched several movies with Sam
- had a day at the pool with Sam and Hope (I’m slightly burned)
- went to dinner with Sam and Hope
- cleaned the house
- did massive grocery shopping
- reorganized the pantry
- finished back to school shopping
- packed Hope off for her first day as a fifth grader
- packed Sam off at for his new job
- went back to work after 9 days of vacation and tried to catch up on work
WHEW! I’m tired and amazed that summer vacation has flown by so quickly. Between the two of us, I’m a bit glad that I’m back to my regular schedule. I miss my routine and I honestly feel like I get more done when I have some order in my life. Alright folks, I’ve a busy week this week but I am determined to get some reading done.