I was tagged by Andi at Estella’s Revenge for the TBR Tag. Here it goes.
1. How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
I have an organization plan for my monthly TBRs. I don’t have any organization for all the books I want to read and reread before I die. That would be too crazy to even begin to organize. My monthly TBR goes like this (at least for this year):
1 wildcard read — this could be something that just tickles my fancy or is for a read-along
1 Virago — for my Virago Project
1 book from a series — right now I’m working on The Forsyte Saga
1 contemporary read — because I need to remember that books were written after 1960
1 classic — because I love classics. This year I’m trying to work on reading all of my Penguin Threads
1 audio book — I am more of a podcast / music gal, but I like to keep an audio book on hand for exercise and for when I work nights and weekends.
I don’t get to everything, but I feel like I have a good range of selections for the month.
2. Is your TBR mostly print or ebook?
I’ve tried, but I don’t really like ebooks. I will read one on occasion, but 95% of my reads are print.
3. How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?
See answer number 1! I usually just let my mood guide me when I’m picking from my monthly TBR pile.
4. A book that’s been on your TBR the longest:
Probably No Name by Wilkie Collins. I adore Wilkie Collins and I try to spread his books out so I always have a Collins book to anticipate reading.
5. A book you recently added to your TBR:
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. I was on the fence about this, but several folks I know who have similar bookish tastes enjoyed it.
6. A book on your TBR strictly because of it’s beautiful cover:
Ummmm…. If I’m not planning on reading it then it doesn’t go on das TBR.
8. An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for:
Rumor has it that a new collection of previously unpublished Shirley Jackson stories will be out this year. I would give my left and right ovary for that book.
9. A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read but you:
I am totally drawing a blank on this one. I’m going to go with The Girl on the Train.
10. A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you:
The Quick by Lauren Owen. I’m thinking it will be a spooky, autumnal read so I’m saving it for this fall.
11. A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read:
Wildwood by Colin Meloy. I’ve gotten it into my head that I must own all of those beautiful books.
12. How many books on your GoodReads TBR shelf:
1,102 hot dang.
I’m going to tag folks, but no pressure if you don’t want to participate.
Sky at Humming for Promise
Thomas at My Porch
Catherine at The Cake Wife