In early May I set two goals: one, to eat a vegan meal at least once a week and two, to work on assembling my clothing for the summer months. I’ll focus on the clothing situation in another post, but I’d like to update you all with my foray into vegan food.
As many of you already know, I’m certainly not a vegan (i love bacon) but I wanted to eat more vegan meals because:
- I love veggie based meals!
- The farmer’s market is in full-swing
- I’m broke and meat is way too fucking expensive
- I’m currently dairy-free since I’m nursing and Atticus has a dairy-intolerance
- I’m utterly bored with meat/starch/generic veggie for dinner every night
The recipe above is my new favorite and it is so super easy.
- Take your favorite pizza dough recipe (I used the olive oil recipe from Artisan Bread in 5-Minutes a Day) and follow all the pizza cooking instructions with said dough.
- In a blender, zap 1/2 a block of silken tofu and a teaspoon of salt (next time I might try adding some basil or other herbs. This makes your “white” sauce.
- Smear on the tofu concoction and top with favorite veggies.
- Cook until is reaches your favorite level of doneness. I like my pizza dough doughy and my veggies NOT cooked to death.